The Family Indemnity Plan is a group life insurance coverage that provides cash benefit in the event of the death of an insured person. It is designed to cover the final expenses of Credit Union members and their eligible family members.
Eligible family members include:
- The Member
- The Member's spouse or "significant other"
- The Member's parents or the parents of the Member's spouse or "significant other" who have not reached 76
- The Member's dependent children aged 1-25. Children who are permanently disabled are covered for the duration of their life once they are enrolled before age 26.
The advantages of the Family Indemnity Plan include:
- No medical examinations are required
- Lifetime Insurance Coverage
- Claim payments are made within 48 hours of receipt of the claim
There is a 6 month waiting period before the plan is approved. If anyone dies during the waiting period, claims would not be received, unless the death was an accidental one.
The FIP Plan allows you 2 years from the time of death to claim, however, CUNA will not compensate you if you die as a result of criminal activities.
Eastern provides this benefit to our Members in collaboration with CUNA Caribbean Insurance Society Limited, an insurer that provides products and services designed exclusively for credit union Members.
Talk to your relatives and friends about the plan every home should have.
To find out how the Family Indemnity Plan can help you and your loved ones when you need it the most, talk to your Credit Union representative, contact CUNA Caribbean at 628-CUNA (2862) or visit http://cunacaribbean.com/
pdf Electronic fillable forms FIP and FCIP Checklist and Instructions (688 KB)
pdf FCIP Enrollment Form (1.67 MB)
pdf FIP Change of Plan Form (620 KB)
pdf FIP Enrolment Form CCI FIPCI ME (724 KB)